Thursday, March 6, 2014

In Like A Lion, And (Hopefully) Out Like A Lamb

That is what everyone says about the weather here in March.  It is still absolutely FREEZING cold and it snows everyday and if it doesn't warm up by at least the end of March then I'mma go crazy!  Haha.  Speaking of March, uh..... can you believe it is MARCH????  Time is seriously flying by.

Enjoying a nice 6 inch snowstorm


Really enjoying a nice 6 inch snowstorm
Here is what has been going on in 'Stallis:
Tuesday we had our last district meeting before transfers which are on March 12.  It was sad, but also exciting.  Sad because I really love my district and it has been so much fun and I have learned so much.  But exciting because I have almost survived my first transfer!!!  WHAT??  Weird.  So on Saturday we will get the notorious "transfer text" to see who stays and who goes.  Please pray that Sis Tanner won't get transferred.  We work so well together and she is my best friend.  I need her to finish out my training!  Plus, we have so much ahead of us this coming transfer and I am so excited about it.  So pray that Sis Tanner and I can stay in West Allis together.  We have work to do!
Wednesday was my very first exchange and I couldn't have been more nervous.  Sis Tanner left to go to Konosha and one of the sister training leaders, Sister Peterson, came to West Allis.  So I had to get us everywhere we needed to go on the buses and schedule appointments and stuff.  But I managed and am alive to tell the tale.  Sister Peterson was so sweet and nice and patient with me.  We had some good lessons and met some great people together.  Exchanges were great but I could not be more excited that they are over and also to have Sister Tanner back!
Hahaha  Sister Tanner and I have fun!

Switching back after exchanges.
Friday we helped our good friend Judy move.  We have been working with her for a really long time.  She has always been so sweet and kind to us and it was so sad to see her go.  But I am glad that we could help her move.
Saturday was AWESOME.  It was ward game night!  Haha I haven't had that much fun in a long time.  I remember walking into the gym in the church building for a relief society activity on my very first day here in West Allis.  I was so scared and nervous and had no idea who anybody was.  On Saturday when I walked into the gym all of the same people were there but this time I saw so many friends and people that I have come know and love.  They truly are my ward family now and I feel so blessed to be able to serve them.
P-day Swag!


Only in Wisconsin!


Having dinner with an awesome family in our ward- the King family!  haha this is their cute daughter.  Looks like we've got a future Sister King on our hands!

We got to wear jeans for once to go do service!  First time I had ever ridden the bus not in church clothes and it was the WEIRDEST thing!

This is our good friend  that we helped move this week.  She is one of the kindest people I have ever met and it was so sad to have to say goodbye.

World Famous Kopp's Frozen Custard with our district after we helped Judy move



Definitely an awkward picture but this is our District plus the Zone Leaders at the last district meeting.
Sunday was fast and testimony meeting.  Sister Stewart bore her testimony and it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and I felt the spirit so strong.  It truly is amazing that families can be together forever.  I love you guys and am so glad that I get to be with you forever!  Knowing that makes not seeing you for these 18 months a little easier too.
This week I have been reading in Alma about the mission of Ammon and his brothers.  In Alma 26 Ammon is talking with his brothers about the success of their missions.  They converted an entire Lamanite nation for crying out loud!  He talks about how they could not have done it without the Lord's help.  I have always loved verse 12, but I have never understood it and appreciated it as much as I do now.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
I love the Lord and am so grateful for the strength that He gives me.  If you have time, you should read all of chapter 26 because it is Ammon pretty much freaking out about how awesome the gospel is.  And it is how Sister Tanner and I feel about the gospel every single day!!!  We seriously have freak outs sometimes because our studies in the morning are so awesome.  In fact I think it is in the chapter after that that it says that Ammon was so excited and happy that he passes out.  Hahahaha that is definitely what a mission feels like on good days.
This week was definitely hard, but also totally worth it.  The church is so true and the work in hastening here in Wisconsin!
I LOVE YOU!
Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment