Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Back on the Bus!

Hey Family!

My time is cut super short today for a couple of different reasons so I will just try and give you a mini update of the week before I have to run. 
Tea time with Nancy :)

I GOT TO RIDE THE BUS AGAIN!

For starters, last p-day after we were leaving the library from e-mailing we stopped to get gas and noticed that we had an oil leak.  So we took it in to get it checked.  They told us that it would only take a few minutes.  But then they came back out and told us that the problem was a lot worse than they thought.  We ended up having to take our BRAND NEW car back to the dealership to get a bunch of things fixed haha.  


So we have been without a car for the week and still don't have it back yet.  This is nothing new to me though!  Haha we got bus passes this week and have been doing a lot of walking.  Sister Weaver has not been used to it, but I am trying to help her to love it as much as I do.  It is a little harder though because our area is WAY spread out so it is a little more difficult to maneuver on foot.  I really think that because of this whole ordeal there is someone that Heavenly Father really needs us to meet!  There was this really cute old man named Norman that we started talking to at the dealership while we were waiting for the news on our car.  He wouldn't take a Book of Mormon but he liked talking to us and had a lot of questions about the church.  Or maybe the reason is because we needed to meet the guy that works at the dealership named Cable that has been helping us out.  He has been really nice about everything so I am going to give him a Book of Mormon whenever we get to go get our car back.

The cheese factory across the street from our house

But we pretty much just spent the week tracting the neighborhoods around our house since we couldn't go too far and I got to do my favorite thing in the whole entire world- contacting people on the bus!   We talked to some cool people and gave away a good number of copies of the Book of Mormon, but not a lot has come from that yet.  Sister Weaver and I decided that we pretty much need to start this area from scratch.  The sisters that were here before Sister Weaver and I had just had quite a few baptisms right before we both got here.  So we are definitely in finding mode.  We have been working hard at talking to people and trying to find them.  We hope that we will start to see some of those fruits here in the next couple of weeks.

Reunited with Sister Packer :)

This is Sister Askerlund.  She took my place in West Allis when I left.

West Allis represent

The biggest highlight of the week was my first Mission Leadership Conference!  Ok, my first MLC might actually be one of the biggest highlights of my mission too.  Seriously such an amazing experience.  For starters, got to see so many friends from the mission!  Sister Packer was there.  She is an STL down in Milwaukee.  And I got to see Sister Askerlund who took my place when I left West Allis and she is now an STL in Kenosha.  She got to tell me all about a lot of things that have been going on.  Do you remember that less-active named Fred that I worked with the entire 7 1/2 months that I was there?  We taught him every single week so I am sure that I talked about him a lot.  He is also the guy that I talked about when I wrote that letter to the relief society about how awesome the Book of Mormon is.  Anyways, Fred only came to church probably 1 or 2 times while I was there but only stayed for sacrament.  Sister Askerlund told me that he is completely active!!  He comes and stays for all 3 hours and participates and is paying his tithing and got the priesthood!  I just about collapsed when she told me that!  So cool to know that all of that hard work wasn't for nothing! 


Oh no I am running out of time so I won't be able to tell you everything about MLC that I wish I could.  But MLC was all about the priesthood.  The priesthood is something that I have never really understood a lot about. But I have learned a lot about it on my mission.  The cool thing about the priesthood is that even though only men can hold an office in the priesthood, priesthood power affects everyone!  We can have and feel the power of the priesthood in our lives everyday.  That power is God's power.  And it is real.  I know that is true.  One of the reasons that I have to leave so soon is because we have to plan a training on the stuff that we learned at MLC to train to zone on it this week at zone training.  So hopefully I can tell you all more about it then.

Love you guys!  Hope that you have a great week!

Love,
Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment