Monday, June 30, 2014

Investing mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually!

Kind of a crazy and hard week and I don't have a lot of time to e-mail, so sorry if this letter is kind of lame! 
 
Tuesday was district meeting which takes most of our day being on the bus and all.  This district meeting we talked a lot about diligence.  You have to be really diligent to be a good missionary, and it is really hard sometimes.  I wish I could share with you the exact quote that our district leader shared from Brigham Young, but it was something along the lines of how if you don't feel like your heart isn't in it, give everything you have until it is.  I think that is really true.  And I think that is one reason that missions are so hard.  It's because for 18 months of my life I literally invest everything that I have mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.  So when things get hard, it affects you in all of those areas too. And I think that is kind of how I felt this week.  But I do have faith that even though it can be really hard, when things are going good and you recognize the blessings and miracles, it affects you in all of those areas for good!  Sorry if that didn't make any sense, haha.  But it was a really good district meeting and I left feeling super motivated to be a more diligent missionary.
 
Wednesday was a really good day.  We brought our investigator Tubree to the family history center and got her started on her family history.  She was so excited!  It was really cool to be able to help her with that.  I sure have learned a lot about family history on my mission and I am so excited to be able to do more of it when I get home and to do the temple work for all of them too!  After we helped her with her family history, we had a lesson with her about baptism.  We talked about what exactly it means when we are baptized and the covenants that we make when we are baptized.  It was a really good lesson and Tubree is excited to be baptized in the coming weeks!
 
Thursday is our weekly planning day.  Sister Silva and I prayerfully went through every single former investigator in our area book and made a list of the people that we want to go and visit this coming week.  So hopefully we will be able to see some miracles with that.
 
Friday was a pretty cool day.  There was a girl named Nadia that goes to the spanish branch in our area that wanted to go out with the missionaries, so she came out with us on Friday!  She is such a sweetheart!  We took her to a couple different lessons with us and she was able to bear her testimony which really added to the lessons that we taught.  It was cool because we ran into a guy on the street that only spoke spanish and she was able to teach him a lesson!  It was really neat to be going out with someone who is thinking about going on a mission because it reminds me of me before I came out here!  I had no idea what I was really getting myself into haha.  I had no idea that experiences that were ahead of me.  Although everyday this is the hardest thing I have ever done, every day it continues to be the best decision that I ever made.  So that was cool to get to reflect back on how far I have come. 
Oh- also!  I saw a firefly for the first time ever on Friday!  haha
 
Saturday we had a crazy experience!  We had to go down into kind of a scary part of town to visit a member.  As we were walking to the bus stop we saw sirens and cops everywhere.  Apparently there was this huge Puerto Rican fest going on or something that everyone was running around waving Puerto Rican flags and everyone was hanging out the windows of cars and riding on top of the cars and they were all speeding and running red lights and stop signs as all the cop cars chased them.  IT WAS MADNESS!  haha Sis. Silva and I didn't know what to do.  We sat there waiting at the bus stop and all these drunk people came up to us and were asking us for Bibles and stuff.  haha.  We were just praying that our bus would come soon.  We looked down the street and saw that the cops had blocked off part of the street, so we were wondering how our bus was going to get to our bus stop.  Then we looked to the other side and saw that the bus had skipped our block and bus stop to get around where the cops had blocked the road and was headed down the road.  We watched as our escape out the the chaos drove off.  We found refuge in this little diner up the street and called the Lenhard's to come pick us up.  haha they are great.  I am so grateful that we were kept safe though! 
 
So this week was crazy, but I am still so very grateful that I get to be a missionary.  Thank you so much for your love and support!  It means the world to me!  Love you!
 
Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment