Tuesday, July 15, 2014

5 Transfer Club!

Water Balloon fight with some elders in our zone.  And Sarah & Elizabeth of course!
Soooo....  I will be staying in West Allis with Sis. Silva for another transfer!  That means it is at least 7 1/2 months in West Allis for me.  It's funny, the missionaries here have a "5 transfer club" and it is for the select few missionaries that stay in their areas for 7 1/2 months.  Apparently this doesn't happen very often.  So I have had 2 transfers here with Sis. Tanner, 1 with Sis. Newton, and starting my 2 with Sis. Silva.  Looks like my work here isn't done yet!  I for sure thought that I would be leaving.  I was super excited about the idea of a fresh start and getting to know a new area and a new ward and new investigators and stuff.  And not gonna lie, I was excited to hopefully be going to an area that has a car!  haha but this is the Lord's will and I am beyond happy to still be here.



This was a pretty good week!
 
Tuesday we had a zone training meeting!  We had it down at the Spanish Branch building which was super cool.  There is a pretty good size Spanish branch that meets here in Milwaukee.  We talked a lot about being a covenant keeping mission.  I thought that was so interesting!  We had lots of different trainings from our leaders on keeping our covenants.  They talked about how as missionaries, we need all the divine power we can get.  I am so grateful for the covenants that I have made and how they have blessed my life and also how they have blessed me as a missionary.  So that was a really good meeting.  Later that night we had dinner with a family in our ward and their son brought his non-member girlfriend!  So that was fun.  We got to know her a little bit and we ended up teaching her about the Restoration at dinner.  I bore my testimony about the Book of Mormon and how it has changed my life.  The Spirit was so strong.  Afterward, she told us that she thought our faith was absolutely beautiful.  I thought that was such an amazing compliment.  Because of that, I know that she felt the Spirit that night.  I am excited to get to follow up with her later tis week.  Also- one of the members that had us over for dinner told us that he likes having us over better than the Elders.... hahaha that made me feel really good too. 
Eclairs at the Farmer's market

One of my very favorite ward members took us out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory!

So the next couple of pictures are from a tour that we took in Downtown Milwaukee today!  The Lenhard's took us!  :)


This is the Wisconsin River that runs right through the middle of Downtown Milwaukee







Sis. Silva and I at the Milwaukee art museum! 


And my favorite people in the whole wide world- The Lenhard's!

Wednesday we had an awesome lesson with Tubree.  We taught her about following and sustaining the prophet.  I was kind of nervous and didn't know how she would take this lesson either, but the Spirit was strong so it was a great lesson!  you can always put your money on the Spirit ;)  Tubree was like, "I always knew there should be a prophet on the earth, now I just know his name!"  haha so that was great.  We also had a lesson with Sarah.  We got her started on personal progress!  She is so excited to start it and earn her medallion.  We did faith #1 with her and talked about how her faith has grown since she has been baptized.  Seriously, every time I meet with her it is a big reminder to me of how big of a miracle she was.  It's amazing.  Also- on Wednesday I got a package from the best family in the whole wide world!  Can you believe I have been out 6 months????  That is so crazy!  Thank you so much!  It totally made my day and came right when I needed it.  You guys are so great.
Sis. Silva cut out the note that you wrote her and put it in her journal :)

soooo... I couldn't wait until the 15th haha
Thursday... you guessed it.  Weekly planning day.  But we were able to meet some cool people out contacting.  I met this one lady on the bus named Sharon.  We were down in a part of town where the Elders hang out a lot.  So when I started talking to her, she asked if I was from the same church as those guys with white shirts and ties.  I said yes!  Then she said, "They are always trying to give me some book, but I'm not interested and I don't want to read it."  That made me kind of sad.  But I continued talking to her and got to know her a little bit better.  We were really able to connect on some things and I was able to bear her my testimony of how this gospel has helped me in my life with some similar things that she is going through.  After I really got to know her and explained why this gospel would bless her life specifically, she asked me for a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet!  WHAT!  I know!  And she gave us her information and wants us to come teach her more.  It was seriously the coolest thing ever.  It was a really good reminder to me that the people that we meet everyday are real people, not robots.  They are just walking baptismal statistics.  We teach people, not lessons.  So I was really grateful that I was able to really get through to her when other missionaries hadn't been able to.  That is one thing that I really wanted to do when I came on my mission.  Get to know the people and then show them how this gospel can really help them!  So that was a cool experience.


Sister Cope and I celebrating our 6 month mark!
Friday we went out to lunch with Sis. Pope and her companion Sis. Vance to celebrate mine and Sis. Pope's 6 month mark!  So that was fun.  Later that day we were finally able to get back in contact with a former investigator named Consetta.  She is the one whose family are refugees from Liberia.  She is super faithful and we gave her a Book of Mormon and we are super excited to start working with her again.


futbol with the Mexicans
Saturday was way fun!  The Spanish Elders in our zone had seen my sweeeeeeet soccer skills on p-day, and they invited us to come play soccer with all of their Hispanic non member friends!  It was so fun!  And I could totally hold my own against them.  So that was way fun.  And there were a ton of non members there!  It was a great missionary opportunity.  Then Sis. Stewart came out with us for a while and went to some lessons with us.  And then she took us and all of the other missionaries in our ward out to Sushi!  I had never had Sushi before and I was super scared but I tried it anyway!  And it wasn't bad.  Not my favorite but still pretty good.  We also had a lesson with our investigator Anne.  Her aunt has been in the hospital with cancer, so we really bore testimony of the plan of salvation and eternal families and I think that really helped her. 
 I tried sushi for the first time!
Sunday was really good because there were lots of members that came up to me and said that they were so happy that I would be staying another transfer.  That made me feel really good.  I know that this is where the Lord still wants me, even after all this time.
 
 
Over all, it was a great week!  And I will have at least 6 more weeks here in West Allis.  And as of tomorrow, I am a third of the way through my mission!  can you believe it?  me neither.  thanks for being the best family ever.  I love you guys!!
 
Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment