Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring is Here!

The weather is finally warmer!  And by warmer, I mean about 40 degrees.  But it feels like summer to me so I am grateful for that! I seriously thought that warmer weather would never come and I would just feel cold for the rest of my life.  But it seems like we have almost made it!  Sometimes thinking about how I am going to have to survive another whole entire winter really scares me, but I try not to think about it and then I am fine!  :)


Tuesday- That was a fun day!  There is a cool family in our ward and they are apartment managers a few blocks away from us.  So we went over there to do service and help her clean some of the apartments.  It was way fun.  But the funnest part was that afterward, she took us to lunch at the restaurant that they own!  It was way yummy food and if I ever come back to Wisconsin I will have to go there!  Then we had district meeting. 

After district meeting, Sarah called us and was pretty upset.  A close friend had e-mailed her and told her that if she was baptized then they couldn't be friends anymore.  That absolutely broke my heart, and I think it broke hers too.  However, you would not even believe how strong she is.  She told us, "I have felt the Spirit and I can't deny it.  I know this church is true and I know that I need to be baptized."  What an amazing example of faith she is to me.  She has completely changed her life and left so many things behind to embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ and become a member of His church.  I think we all take for granted the fact that we are members of this church and that all (or most) of our friends and family support us.  At least I know I do.  Every single day we should be grateful for this gospel and how it blesses our lives.  We need to reach out to others and be a support for them.  Never forget how blessed you are to be a member of this church with a family that loves you and supports you in it.


Wednesday was exchanges!  I was nervous.  Not NEARLY as nervous as last time, but still nervous.  This time Sister Milligan came to West Allis with me.  She had served in West Allis before so that made me feel better.  She is from Sacramento, California and actually knew Sister Tanner before they came out here.  She is an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from her.  We had a lesson with our investigator.  The entire time we have been teaching him, we haven't been able to get him to pray.  But he finally prayed with us on Wednesday!  It was amazing and the Spirit was so strong!  Praying with our investigators is important because if they are praying with us, then we know that they are praying on their own too.  Plus prayer really invites the spirit and it helps them to have a spiritual experience.  So that was awesome.  Later that night our ward had their annual YW Pancake dinner!  The YW have this dinner every year to raise money for them to go to girls camp.  It was way cool.  I participated in the pancake eating contest and held my own for a while.  But I ended up losing to the second counselor in the bishopric.  Haha I love the West Allis ward!  It was such a fun night.  Afterward, we switched back from exchanges and it was so nice to have Sis Tanner back again.
Thursday- I really focused my studies on the Book of Mormon and  I read this talk from Elder Holland and you should stop what you are doing right now and listen to it.  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng
If there is one area of my testimony that has been strengthened since I have been on my mission, it is that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that it is.  I have seen such a difference since I have been studying it so much!  I also have seen it make such a difference in people's lives here as they have started to read it.  It is such a blessing.  Heavenly Father loves us so much that He gave us this amazing book to help us strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ.  The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God.  If you haven't been good about reading it everyday, make the change now and become better!  Start reading it every single day and watch your life change.  Do it.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true!
Thursday was the birthday of a woman we are teaching!  We celebrated by going to Organ Pyper's Pizza with her and the Dominguez family.  It was so fun!  That is definitely another place that I want to go back and visit someday.  She celebrated her birthday on this day, and on April 11 she will get to celebrate being spiritually reborn!  YAY!!!!
Friday-  It was definitely a miracle day.  The night before we had planned for over an hour to try to make everything work out that we wanted to do the next day.  We had a lot that we wanted to get done and a lot that we felt we should do, but we had no idea how on earth it was going to all work out.  We had to plan out the bus schedules to be able to get everywhere we needed to go and it seemed nearly impossible.  But guess what.  We ended up getting everything done that we needed to and going everywhere that we needed to and seeing everyone that we needed to!  I have absolutely no idea how it all ended up working out- WAIT yes I do!  It was Heavenly Father.  He needed us to be in all of those places.  It was crazy because looking at the bus maps there was absolutely no way it would work out, but it did.  Friday was another day that I really felt like I was an instrument in the hands of the Lord.  And let me tell you, it was a great feeling.  We met this lady that day  and we started teaching her about the Book of Mormon.  The following words actually came out of her mouth:  "I would love to learn more about this!" 

I could hardly believe my ears!  I never thought that would ever happen!  So we are teaching her this week.  I am so stoked. 

The Stallis Palace   Haha!
Saturday we were at the church all day helping for the Women's Conference.  Our stake did this way cool thing.  Starting at 3 there were a bunch of workshops that you could go to and then they fed us dinner and then we all watched the broadcast together.  It was awesome.  Spiritually, I was feeling on top of the world!  It was great!  And wasn't the women's broadcast amazing??  I learned so much.  And it made me so excited for general conference next week!!!  I can hardly wait! 
It truly was another amazing and miracle filled week. I am starting to feel that this is exactly where I am supposed to be at this point in my life.  I feel it more and more everday.  I know that this church is true.
I love you all so much!  Have an amazing conference weekend!  I can't wait to hear all of your thoughts!
Love,
Sister King
PS I have so much faith that they are going to announce a temple in Madison, Wisconsin this conference!  Just you wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment