Monday, July 13, 2015

Work is the best medicine

Hi family!


Man, these past few days have definitely been mixed emotions. But something that I have learned on my mission is that work is the best medicine. So we have been working pretty hard! We have been pretty busy and I am sorry but kind of running out of time to e-mail. This week we went on 2 exchanges. Which meant that I was exhausted. haha. But also means that we worked really hard and got a lot done.

One of my exchanges was with Sister Schlosser who just finished up serving in Madison. It was so fun to get to catch up on what has been going on there and how the people are doing. Madison just has such a special place in my heart. So it was a huge tender mercy for me to be able to work with her for a day.

One of the biggest highlights of the week would also have to be Sue!!! She has been reading in the Book of Mormon and she came to church yesterday so she is progressing toward baptism! Super exciting! She has had some health problems lately, so we had to move her baptismal date back to August... It was July 25. I really wanted to keep trying for that date for certain reasons. haha. But I know that she needs to progress at her speed and that God has a better plan for her than I do.


Zone Training Meeting this week went very well I thought! That was my last one. It's funny- by the time I finally feel confident and comfortable with giving trainings, I don't have to give them anymore. haha. Heavenly Father sure knows how to help us stretch and grow. And then as soon as we are comfortable, he will throw something else at us to help us stretch and grow and become better. That is why missions are so hard but also so incredible. Your entire mission is just one big stretching and growing experience. You are asked to do a lot of things that are hard, that are uncomfortable, that are weird (or at least appear weird to the rest of the world), and some things that you just plain don't want to do. But you do them anyway so that you can help the work move forward, and most importantly so that you can be obedient to what God has asked you to do.


I love my Heavenly Father so much. I love Him so much that I rejoice in doing the things that He has asked me to do- even the hard things. This week my mission scripture has been popping into my head a lot.

 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. 

It is funny because I thought that I felt the same way Alma feels before my mission. But I had no idea what I was really in for. However, I can say with perfect confidence now that I DO glory in what the Lord has commanded me. I love being an instrument in his hands- it is the most fulfilling feeling in the entire world. I love preaching of repentance and the Atonement of our Savior to the people here in Wisconsin. This really is my joy. This really is what brings me peace and happiness. I am so grateful for this gospel and the blessing that it is in my life. I love you all so much! Till next week!

 Love, Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment